But although the practical advantages are indisputable, it is necessary to delve a little into the question in order to buy what you need - both in terms of budget, in terms of performance, and in terms of the prospects of fitting into the interior.
Folding table for a large family
The design of the folding kitchen table is a defining aspect that is even more important than the material used or the shape given to the countertop. It depends on the design how much the folding mechanism will serve, and also how convenient it will be to cope with it every time the guests arrive.return to menu ↑
Tsargovy folding tables
By design, folding tables can be divided into two large groups. The first of them - kingly. They differ from the rest by the presence of the tsargah - the frame to which the tabletop is attached. As a rule, when unfolding they move only the working surface. However, sometimes there may be a variant in which the legs also move.
The folding mechanism depends on the design of the table.
There are the following types of king tables:
- With central insert. Such a table becomes more by about a third - a special additional insert is stored in its box under the table top. When it is necessary to push it apart, the two parts of the tabletop are moved apart to the sides, the insert is removed and placed in the vacated space, after which it is fixed in it. Even a teenager will cope, there are two noticeable seams on the table top.
- With swivel center insert. The evolution of the previous construction. No need to reach and place the insert - in this table it is divided into two, when the tabletop moves apart, one half of it rises on the hinges, and then the second one unfolds after it. The working surface increases by about a third, not only the teenager will cope, but also the child - no special effort is required. Stitches remain.
- With double-layer table top. To decompose it, it is necessary to remove the top layer, then push the two elements apart. A central space opens, in which the upper layer is laid back. The working surface is exactly doubled, the seams are almost invisible. But the teenager is no longer able to cope - the upper layer is rather heavy - and besides, the final construction is thin and fragile. If you press too hard, the side element may break off the mechanism.
- Sliding with movable side. To expand such a design, you need to pull over one edge with legs, as a result of which they will drive off a little to the side. After that, it remains to push the insert from under the table top and fix it. The teenager will cope, because these tables are quite light. The working surface is increased by one third (in rare cases, twice). In the unfolded form remains a noticeable difference between the main part and the one that was put forward.
- Folding with movable side. To expand such a structure, you need to pull the edge with the legs, and then open the tabletop and its upper layer lay on the vacant space. Dealing with this can be difficult - you need to be able to lift weights. In addition, the design is not too strong. If you try to stand on it in the unfolded state (for example, to replace a light bulb or brush off a web), it can break. The working surface is doubled.
Combines compactness and functionality.
Royal tables have the following advantages over the others:
- Reliability. Compared to other structures, even the most fragile of them are quite reliable, because the table top is supported by a solid frame.
- Simplicity. The fewer elements in the structure - the less chance that it will break.
- Old fashioned. Massive royal tables look great in classic country styles, English style, American style.
There are also disadvantages:
- Massiveness. Far from all interiors, it is a plus. In a light, airy atmosphere, they will look somewhat ridiculous.
The fewer elements in the structure, the less chance it will break.
For medium-sized kitchens tsargovye designs are used most often - they look good as the center of the dining area.BoardChoosing a table, focus on style. If you have a classic of any kind, the king will suit you well. Return to the menu
There are several types of mechanisms in the squash constructions. The rest of the range is poorer, because for each of them it makes no sense to allocate a separate circle.
These tables look great in a classic interior.
In addition to the king’s tables there are:
This simplest design is a classic that will never become obsolete - popularly such tables are called “book”. They have a narrow central section with a width of not more than fifty centimeters, on the sides of which hang side elements, closing it. Inside the central section there are usually shelves and drawers for storing useful things. If the table needs to be opened, it is enough to lift the side element and, having advanced the leg, support it with it, then fix it in a special groove on its underside. Even a child can handle it. The working surface is increased many times, for example, spices can be stored in the sub-table space. An additional advantage is the ability to control the size of the tabletop, lifting the side elements on one or both sides of choice.
The simplest design folding table
This is a peculiar kind of “book”, which has no tsargs in principle, like the legs, and the central section. The table top - usually semi-circular or square - is hinged to the wall. To raise it, you just need to make a little effort (the child can handle it). The supporting mechanism opens, rests against the wall itself. For extensive feasts it will not work, it is impossible to transfer in principle, the working surface is very small in size, but for a small kitchen where it is difficult to even turn around, it can be an excellent solution. Especially if only one or two people live in the house.
Great solution for a small kitchen
This design is well suited if you do not want to leave the kitchen table stationary, but you want to be able to eat in the living room - for example, in front of the TV. It is a tabletop with legs fixed at the bottom, crossed in the shape of the letter "x". To translate into the unfolded state, you need to bring the legs closer together and secure them with a special lock. The child will cope, the working surface is small, does not change the size. But just a tiny kitchen, where you want to eat lunch not every time, will do.
Such designs are the most diverse. They are rarely found, they are a kind of constructor that must be assembled before sitting down at the table. Sometimes it is a narrow table, where, if necessary, legs are moved apart, and sections of the table top are placed on the guides extending from the legs to the legs. The working surface increases by almost ten times. Sometimes these are small butterfly tables that fold out and fasten to each other, forming one large work surface. Sometimes these are petal-like elements that need to be put together to make a round tabletop. And besides them, there are many others, with individual features.
Such designs are usually attached to the kitchen set. The tabletop simply extends from the cabinet. They do not differ in beauty, it is easy to break, but if there is little space and aesthetics do not bother, nothing prevents you from using such a solution.
Non-king tables are more fragile, they are often used to save space in the kitchen to the maximum, and not to be able to receive guests. Fit well in the original styles of modernity - folding, for example, perfectly complement minimalism, collapsible fit perfectly into eco-style designer interiors.
Perfectly complements the style of minimalism.
A great influence on the reliability of the design has what material they are made of.BoardIf you have a kitchen less than seven meters, there is simply no place for it in the unfolded state of the tsarg table. It’s better to choose one of the other options. Return to menu ↑ Return to menu
The reliability of the material plays a huge role. And besides, it depends on him how aesthetic the result will be.
It is very important to choose reliable materials.return to menu ↑
Tsarga or any other frame to which the table is attached may be made of:
This is the cheapest, most unreliable material. It is made of compressed sawdust mixed with synthetic resin. From above cover with the plastic or paper film imitating the real tree. DSP has a tendency to deform under the influence of time, the film peels off from it, from a strong blow it can crack or even be punctured so that a hole is formed. It is insensitive to moisture until it gets under the film - if this happens, it will swell up and lose all appearance. Combustible, but not sensitive to temperature extremes. Rodents, cockroaches, other pests are not interested in them - synthetic resins are poisonous.
The support from MDF will last longer - these are the same sawdust, but before pressing, milled into small grits, mixed, melted to a homogeneous mass. The finished slab on top is also covered with plastic or paper film, but it is held more securely than on a chipboard. Plus, the resin, which sawdust fasten, not synthetic, but natural. It will also suffer from moisture if it gets under the film, and is not afraid of temperature changes. It will not crack from a strong blow, but will get a shallow dent, it is vulnerable to biological threats. Over time, not deformed, can withstand a relatively large weight.
MDF is a practical and frequent material.
Real wood is not coated with plastic, but treated with varnish - the effect is drastically different from what MDF and particleboard look like. Each wooden support is unique, looks interesting, noble, may have a faint smell of wood. It is not deformed over time, if it is well processed, it is not afraid of any biological threats, or temperature drops, or moisture. If hit, it will not hurt or get a small dent. Could be scratched. Wood is good for interiors that are made in natural materials that require classic beauty.
Able to withstand a lot of weight (for example, glass tabletops most often attach it to a metal support), is not afraid of any external influences - neither temperature changes, nor moisture, nor biological threats, nor fire. If you strike, it will not suffer at all - only if you make a very large effort, there will be a dent, which can then be straightened. But different peculiar appearance. For styles that are warm to the colors, lightness, naturalness just does not fit.
Not afraid of any temperature fluctuations
Indirectly, part of the support are the elements of the mechanism for folding. Most often they are made of metal.
Before buying it is worth making sure that they are all well secured in their grooves, do not stagger, well, move easily.
Chipboard - A temporary solution, suitable only if you have a very low budget. MDF is suitable for interiors where there is no bet on natural materials, but in which imitation wood is welcome. A real tree is suitable for styles that require it - classic, English, for example. And metal looks good in modern hi-tech, loft, minimalism.
Classic designreturn to menu ↑
What the tabletop is made of is no less important than what the support is made of. Perhaps, even more, because spilled sauce, a slipped knife, a child who decided to reach the ceiling fall on it. For manufacturing use:
- Chipboard. This tabletop is made of several layers of material, but it will still be quite thin, fragile, ready to crack. If a film is peeled off somewhere from it, the moisture entering it will cause the entire surface to swell. The only virtue is light. Such a table is easy to push.
- MDF. Heavier than chipboard, but more beautiful, safer, thicker. It looks more like a real tree, can bear the weight of a child who has climbed.
- Tree. Thick, heavy, but very beautiful. It does not tolerate spilled wines, spilled soups - there can be ugly spots that are difficult to reduce. The tree is sensitive to household chemicals; it cannot be washed with aggressive agents.
- Glass. Not just beautiful, but also very durable material. It will not crack if even an adult gets on it, there are no stains on it, it is hard to scratch it. The only negative - it is slippery. It is necessary to put something unstable on it, it will immediately roll, it may fall. Sliding structures are usually made of glass - it is too heavy to be conveniently folded.
- Plastic. They do not make a base of it, but you can meet such tabletops. They are very light, fairly durable, do not get dirty, do not absorb odors. But they can fade in the sun, do not tolerate aggressive chemistry, they are easy to scratch.
Plastic tables are distinguished by bright colors and a wide variety of colors, but they look cheap.
Beautiful, reliable and bigIn principle, folding dining tables are not made of metal - too strong associations with the operating room will fail to fit into most of the interiors, it’s expensive, and besides, it’s just not necessary. The remaining materials do an excellent job.BoardGlass is combined with a metal support more than any other. And artificial wood substitutes should never be combined (in one table or in one room) with natural wood.
It will be interesting to you:
Design tables for the kitchen - 165+ (Photo) Options for your choice
Glass tables - reliability and exclusivity of the interior. 285+ (Photo) options with designer taste
Dressing table with mirror and lighting: 140+ (Photo) Options for your bedroom
Breakfast Table in bed do it yourself: Practical models for comfort
Loft-style table (115+ Photos): What type of design is better? (written / journal / bar / dining / transformer)
How to choose a desk with drawers and a shelf: (190+ Photos) Practically organize the space
The design will make the table comfortable, the material from which it is made reliable. But only a combination of other aspects will make it beautiful, suitable for a particular interior. It:
- the form - it depends on how easy it will be to fit the table, as well as the general impression that it will produce;
- dimensions - it depends on them how comfortable they will be sitting behind him, as well as the number of guests that will fit;
- decorations - will allow to give a concrete construction a pronounced individuality;
- place in the kitchen - provide ease of use, as well as the correct placement of accents.
Gives the interior individuality
And it is necessary to select all this so that it is not only aesthetically pleasing, but also convenient.return to menu ↑
Table top shape
The form of the table support is always more or less the same - the legs of the classic tsarg, the central section of the “book”, it is difficult to replace the crossed butterfly support with something fundamentally new. In addition, they practically do not pay attention, they can always be closed with a long hanging cloth.
The rectangular shape fits perfectly into any design.
But the shape of the tabletop will not work.
She may be:
- Rectangular. The most common, is ubiquitous. Rectangular tables - classic. They give the interior a calm severity that is familiar, fits perfectly everywhere, does not cause inconvenience. Countertops from chipboard usually refer to this type - to give them a different shape will not work. In general, the rectangular tables are not too original, but this gives room for playing around. In the unfolded form they give just a slightly longer rectangle.
- Square. Also common. Most often it includes tables with a two-tier table top. It may be interesting to play with, too, not too original. In the unfolded form turns into a rectangle.
- Round. Somewhat more unusual - you can afford to make a round table in the kitchen only if you do not need to save space. It gives additional comfort, fits perfectly into light, somewhat frilly styles - the same provenance. In the unfolded form is an oval.
- Oval. It is also rather unusual - it also requires a lot of space, even if it is a relatively small table. It gives comfort, reminds of a cafe, fits well into classic interiors, especially if you cover it with a tablecloth. In the unfolded form represents a slightly elongated oval.
- Half figures. Folding tables consist of them completely - it is a semicircle, semi-rolled.It looks a bit strange, it looks like a table on a train, but there is a charm in this warm airy colors.
Round model in Provence style
From the folding designs there is nothing to wait for complex designer worktops. In the course of extremely simple forms that are easy to expand, which can not upset the balance.BoardIf the house has small children or restless pets, it is better to purchase a table without sharp corners - if not round, then at least with rounded corners. This will reduce the chance of injury. Return to menu
A large table is good, but if you decide to take folding, then you have hardly a lot of space in the kitchen. In such conditions it is necessary to calculate according to the standards - by the minimum allowable size.
The size of the table is important when choosing
For him there are the following rules:
- Length. At every dinner at the table should be no less than sixty centimeters. This length allows you to sit comfortably, put a plate, put a fork, a spoon, partially rely on your hands, without encountering a neighbor.
- Width. Forty centimeters for each person sitting on one side of the table, plus twenty centimeters in the middle. That is, if we are talking about a tabletop, behind which two people will sit opposite each other, its width should be a full meter - only then it will be convenient for both, and there will be a place in the middle for the lamp, a vase, food dishes and any other thing. .
- Height. At the standard table is seventy-five centimeters, but the standard table is designed for not too tall person. Because the height is chosen arbitrarily, so that all family members are comfortable behind him to sit.
For convenience, the width must be at least a meter.
Since this is a folding table, you must also take into account the length in the unfolded state. To do this, it is enough to calculate what the maximum number of guests will sit behind him and multiply this number by sixty. The result is the number of centimeters.BoardIf you do not know how many guests you will have, then take a standard model, the length of which increases exactly twice. Return to the menu
When the shape with the size is determined, you can proceed to the decoration - this detail seems unimportant only at first glance, in fact it depends on how the table will be perceived as a whole.
In the design of every detail is important.With the support, nothing will be done - it rarely focuses attention on it anyway - but to change the tabletop is a good idea.
- Painting. Usually done on wood, but it happens on the glass. Can show floral designs, animals, birds, scenes from fairy tales or favorite books - in fact, anything. You can do it yourself, you can hire a professional. The main thing is to coat the result with colorless varnish so that it does not smear, deteriorate due to spilled liquids or be scratched.
- Photo printing. In fact, a variation of the painting, but without a master with paints. Does not require talent for drawing, just order a printout of a specific photo. Usually done on MDF or particleboard, as their plastic film allows it. It is possible to depict a photo anything - from inhabitants of the apartment to the concert poster of the favorite group.
- Thread. It is used to decorate natural wood, usually goes on the edge of the tabletop, because otherwise it will interfere. It is necessary to cover it with varnish so that it does not become clogged with crumbs, does not get dirty with spilled liquids. It usually depicts simple geometric patterns, but you can find a professional who depicts anything on the entire worktop.
- Fusion. Clean stained glass for the decoration of tables are rarely used - too fragile. But the fusion, in which multi-colored forms are baked on top of the main glass, as a result of which a picture is obtained that is strong enough to be used. Good looking repetitive patterns, geometric or floral.
- Sandblast engraving. Sandblasted glass is matt. But if at the time of processing to put a stencil on it, you get transparent areas from which you can form a pattern. It looks very impressive, but requires caution - such glass becomes more fragile than other varieties.
- Frosted glass. It looks especially good, if it has a color - then any light will give it additional brilliance and depth.
Patterns, drawings, photo printing - for every taste
But tabletop modifications are not the only way to decorate a folding table.
There are more accessories:
- Tablecloth. Sometimes irreplaceable, because sensitive materials will save from spilled liquids, scratches, other troubles, and also hide level drops and seams, which are an inevitable part of any folding table. Best of all, if it is made of natural fabric, although synthetics may look good in democratic styles of the twentieth century.
- Lamp. Helps to allocate a dining table in a separate area. Usually this is an old-fashioned lamp under a semi-circular lampshade - an indispensable element of decor in the American style or provence.
- Flowers. A beautiful bouquet can complement the interior, divert attention from the flaws. For everyday life is best suited relatively modest varieties - the same asters. But to put the roses better for the holiday.
- Fruit or candy bowl. It can also become a permanent decoration of the dinner table, if it is good to choose its color for the design of the main interior.
Tablecloth - an integral part of each table
Anything can become an accessory, but this item should fit into the general style, and also have at least some relation to the kitchen. A teddy bear, for example, in the middle of the dinner table will look ridiculous, although on a sofa in the bedroom can be an excellent complement to the decor.BoardIf you do not want to decorate the table in addition, you can always leave it just wooden. For many interiors, it will already be quite beautiful.
Decorate your table with vases of flowersreturn to menu ↑
When the combination is chosen perfectly, it remains only to place it in the kitchen so that it is in place.
Standard ideas are:
- Near the window. This allows you to highlight the dining table, highlight it stylistically, as well as enjoy meals, admiring the view of the street - which is especially nice if you have a beautiful view. However, if you put the table to the window, devoid of natural light will be the working area - you will have to highlight it separately. However, if you have a small kitchen, there will be enough light.
- Near the wall. Folding tables in a different way and do not place, and for the rest is the most classic arrangement. Usually they are placed on the long wall of the room, close up, so that it is convenient to pass by, to the refrigerator, for example. This arrangement is typical for narrow long kitchens.
- In the center. It is suitable only for a large room, since it is also necessary to place the chairs, and there is still room for the person who will cook to move around the working area. But it turns out beautifully, effectively, classically.